After spending the holidays in unseasonably warm Charleston, South Carolina (think T-shirt and shorts wearing temperatures), I’m finding it quite difficult to pile on layers again. However, I can instantly escape to the tropics when I slip off my mittens and flash this neon nail art.
Influenced by the eye-dilating designs Nanette Lepore sent down her spring runway, Miss Ladyfinger blogger Taryn Multack kicked off the new year with a basic, yet super bright mani.
Multack has five simple steps on how to get this look at home:
1. Apply Topshop World’s End to the full nail.
2. Starting at the nail bed, paint on four lines of Mattese Elite Shirley Temple equidistant from each other. Leave the bottom portion alone.
3. Using Orly True Blue Instant Artist, brush on the first dark blue stripe within the last two pink rows.
4. Continue painting two more lines ending at the very tip of the nail.
5. Finish the look with a glossy top coat polish.
What do you think about this Nanette Lepore-inspired manicure? Would you sport bold nail polish?